As an oncology child life specialist with a special interest in AYAs, I appreciate the balance of top-notch presentations on best practices and research in AYA oncology medical and psychosocial care. The presentations by leaders in their fields have been enormously beneficial to my understanding of how teens and young adults experience their world and cancer.
- Elsa Morse, Child Life Specialist
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Presented in collaboration with
AYA Oncology Is Constantly Evolving.
Welcome to the eighth annual Texas Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Conference! We are proud to continue the tradition of this important meeting of interprofessional providers who are committed to a common goal of enhancing the care of and outcomes for adolescents and young adults with cancer.
Each year, our goal is to expand the delivery of innovative, impactful cancer care to the AYA community. This year, we will highlight NEW and EVOLVING topics in AYA cancer care.
We are excited to welcome you to Houston and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and we look forward to seeing longstanding colleagues and welcoming many new attendees to a value-packed day of learning, networking and collaboration.
When you attend the Texas AYA Oncology Conference, you will walk away with the following:
We’ll present the unique issues, engage in relevant discussions and share current best practices that are specific to the AYA (15-39 year old) cancer population.[/x-box-perceptive]
Hear updates and innovations that are shaping current and future cancer treatment, including molecular profiling and personalized medicine, proton therapy, and immuno-oncology.[/x-box-perceptive]
You’ll have the opportunity to network and collaborate with similar AYA-focused healthcare professionals to help you better develop, enhance or sustain your AYA programming.[/x-box-perceptive]
We’ll show you how other organizations are leveraging emerging technologies to improve their active and post-treatment support for the AYA patient population.[/x-box-perceptive]
You’ll discover how to develop, enhance or expand a multidisciplinary approach to meet the unique psychosocial and supportive needs of AYAs with cancer.[/x-box-perceptive]
You’ll gain more knowledge, increase your resources and expand the professional connections you need to enhance your oncology practice and improve cancer care for AYAs.[/x-box-perceptive]
The Texas AYA Oncology Conference is one of the few conferences I’ve attended that features outstanding speakers from multiple disciplines. There were many clinical pearls from all disciplines that I took away from this conference that I still use in my practice today.
Stephen Mazer, RN-BC, MSN
Blood Cancer Nurse Navigator
Gain the knowledge and resources you need to enhance your practice and improve cancer care for adolescent and young adult cancer patients.
Join us March 3, 2018.
Click photo for speaker bio
This conference gave me a new perspective on how medical professionals are evolving their practices when treating patients that don't necessarily fall into the pediatric or adult age groups. Each presentation magnified a different aspect of the care and treatment of an AYA patient like me. Being a part of the patient panel allowed me to share my experience and helped bridge the gap between the patient and professional, which in my opinion is one of the most important parts of treatment.
AYA Cancer Survivor
Exhibitor Space Available
Interested in being an exhibitor at our conference? We have a spot for you!
If your community organization supports AYAs with cancer, we are offering a discounted exhibitor rate of $100, which includes one conference registration.
Please contact us below or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center Hotel, located at 6580 Fannin St., Houston, Texas 77030.
- We are sharing a block of rooms with the 2018 Cancer Survivorship Research Symposium (which explains the reservation page header).
- This rate is only guaranteed through February 1.
- The hotel phone number is 800-228-9290. When you make reservations be sure to mention The 8th annual Texas Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Conference to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $119.00 for a standard guest room.
- Please add 17% for state and local taxes.
- Prices are subject to change and vary depending on the location of the conference.
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60 to or from each airport.
- SuperShuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. The shuttle between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center is $24 for one-way and the roundtrip cost is $48. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826.
- Parking will be offered free of charge from 6:30am-6:30pm on the day of the conference in The Pressler Garage (located on Pressler Street diagonally across from the Cancer Prevention Building (CPB) in which the conference will be held.
- Click here to access the conference parking map.